How do I get a real estate license in Maine?
The Sales Agent license is an entry-level license that allows you to acquire on-the-job training and experience while you complete the requirements for an Associate Broker license. The license is valid for two years and is not renewable.
To qualify for a Sales Agent license, you must:
- Complete the 55 hour Sales Agent Course with a grade of 75% or above
- Pass the Pearson VUE qualifying with a score of 75% or above
- Apply to the Maine Real Estate Commission
- Be at least 18-years old at the time of license application
- Hold a high-school diploma (or the equivalent)
- Have a reputation for honesty, truthfulness, fair-dealing, and competency
For information on the Pearson VUE exam, consult the State of Maine Real Estate Candidate Handbook Nov 2019.
The Real Estate Learning Group offers the Sales Agent Course two ways: in a self-study, self-paced format online, and as a combination of four workshops plus online learning.